Every bride and groom wants the perfect wedding, everyone wants to have the perfect wedding menu, the perfect seating, the perfect catering service, not to mention the perfect attire. The general trend that most couples subscribe to is to choose a summer day for their wedding party – it is the peak period for wedding organizers and venues alike.
If this is your chosen time for a wedding, theming the reception is an excellent way to set the right atmosphere for the party to come, followed closely in terms of importance by the hors d’oeuvre and the drinks served at the beginning. What we are proposing here is to help you with our top ten tips and ideas on how to create a unified and harmonious framework for the reception and how to choose the hors d’oeuvre and the drinks to set up the right atmosphere.
- Choosing the right theme – the most popular, ready-made themes for weddings include Romantic, Western, Beach, Country and Tropical, but if you and your spouse-to-be do not find your identity in these themes, you can create your own. You can also choose to mix pre-created themes with your own – think about how you two met, what you like to do together and brainstorm ideas about how you can transform them into a theme proper;
- Choose a venue that matches the theme – it is probably not a good idea to organize a country-style wedding in an elegant hotel, so make sure the venue is suitable for elaborating the theme you have in mind;
- Theme all the details, down to the tiniest – your theme is supposed to define every detail of the wedding, including the gown and the decorations. If it is a romantic wedding, make sure that even the cutlery used exudes romance;
- Choose stylish and practical hors d’oeuvre – the appetizers served at the beginning of your wedding reception are just as important as the theme and the main courses. Make sure the appetizers are elegantly decorated and keep them bite-size to make it easier for your guests to eat them;
- Avoid appetizers with sauces – they tend to drip and they create a mess, so no matter how delicious they are, they may create quite some annoyance among the guests;
- Variety – pay attention to different dietary needs; serve vegetarian bites as well and avoid common allergens such as nuts and certain fruits as much as you can;
- Don’t overdo it – you want your guests to enjoy the main meals as well, so be careful with the selection of appetizers and don’t serve too many different types;
- Ask the right questions when it comes to drinks – many venues have their own rules when it comes to serving drinks. Some don’t serve beer, others don’t have a bar, so make sure you find everything about the drinks-related policy you venue has in place to avoid unpleasant surprises;
- Make sure your drinks match your general theme and location – no Caribbean destination wedding would be complete without rum and no fancy wedding held in Paris can be elegant enough without champagne and wine, right? Bear that in mind when you choose the drinks;
- Consider your guests – do your guests prefer shots to wine? Are they beer drinkers or do they like cocktails? Make sure you offer something for everybody and your wedding reception the party of the year!
Hire a Destination Wedding Planner Mexico to take care of your wedding details while you spend quality time with your loved ones. If you’re planning a destination wedding in Mexico especially in Cabo San Lucas, get in touch with Vivid Occasions. Call Mexico +52.624.144.3047 | US 310.295.0175 for more details on destination wedding packages.
For other great ideas on how to get your big day published look for it on our blog at http://www.vividoccasions.com/blog